Tuesday 28 June 2011

THAT hill....

Did 45 minute bike ride this morning.  Including Old down Hill, which I have to do twice during the race.  Not fun. My lungs were on fire!! Great sense of achievement at the top though. Not sure how I am going to manage it twice on the day. It twists and turns and you never know when you are near the top.

Was hard going this morning.  Mostly due to the fact that Summer was awake for 2 hours in the night with teeth issues. Had tried to get to bed early too.  Ahh well. Brad was amazing and let me sleep a bit longer, and still go for a ride.


Every day I watch Brad do endless chin ups, and in a fit of jealousy I decided I want to do that.  So I started a few weeks ago unable to do one. Today after the ride I did 4! Which is a big achievement for me!

I was really inspired by this blog last night.  This woman has done so many triathlons and races. This account of her second ever Ironman had me in tears.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment