Monday 4 July 2011

Laptop lifeguarding

Kids have a piece of technology for everything these days! The young lifeguard this morning was deeply engrossed in his laptop.

The ability to save lives whilst looking at a screen is a brilliant piece of technology. Either that or he was just on Facebook ... My mum says he would look up if there was suddenly no splashing noises. Surely he would need to look up if there were LOTS of splashing noises...

200m warm up
50m x2 fast
75m x6 faster
250m cool down

Total: one kilometre.

4 comments:

  1. Seems to be working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the pool tomorrow AM, finally. Hopefully there will be someone there paying attention, because it's quite possible that I have forgotten how to swim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point!

    Do you think he should have his head in a lap top when lifeguarding?

    Technology is taking over our lives in an unhealthy way. I agree it has its uses but these benefits can be cancelled out if we become over-reliant on techonolgy or use it in an inappropriate way.

    I think many people need to get out and reconnect with real life.

    And I think your lifeguard needs to watch and do his job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tia - how did the swim session go? I often think of you training on the other side of the world!

    S- you are so right! He should be watching me! I might drown! Maybe I should wear less, then he might watch... or he might actually run away come to think of it! Agree with you on the technology front. Its unreality and escapism, and sucking us away from real relationships on so many levels. But its also so darn useful sometimes!

    ReplyDelete