Friday 29 July 2011

Over kill over hill

So after missing 2 workouts, I decided to make it up...

Did a brick workout last night, an hour on the bike then 20min run. Had a mini break in middle of ride as I stopped at a friends house to pick something up. Some very important lego merchandise for my son! Thank you friend!

Its really weird getting off the bike and going straight to the run.  My legs feel like they belong to someone else. Really bizarre! Really fun though. You feel like a spaceman (or woman!). Its a mildly addictive feeling. Try it sometime.

This morning I had the breakfast of champions (3 jelly babies) and went of to run up a big hill.  Half way up I thought my legs were going to fall off and wait for me by the side until I was done. Ridiculous legs today. But my legs and I did a deal.  If I made it to the top, I would give them an actual breakfast when we got back.

We made it. Hard going though.  But it was worth it, I feel like I have conquered.  The cows appreciated my whoop of joy at the top.  I did a little rocky type montage to them, (da da DAA da da DAA, and super cool shadow boxing) and inside (I could tell) I made them smile. Cows keep their cards close to their chests but I think they have a sense of humour underneath it all. They are not always moooody. I know I know....

2 comments:

  1. You should stop by more often. Was impressed with the gear and matt definitely has bike envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ooooover!!! Crazy! I LOVED IT! The swim wasn't nearly as bad as I thought; during the jog up to the T-Zone I had to remind myself to slow down (panic race mode); My first transition was mad fast (I had practiced the night before); As soon as I got on the bike I felt "at home" and I had a very powerful biking circuit; My legs were rubber when I got off the bike; My second transition was instant (drop the bike/helmet, flip my number belt); and the short run was harder than I expected.

    And, I am SO happy to come in 3rd in the ladies group (about 60 women participated). I was 13th overall, with about 90 people all in.

    So, my tips are:

    - keep calm and paddle on during the swim (I didn't like swimming in the mob, but it was over pretty fast).
    - Practice your transitions (even start wet if you can)
    - Do more bric training where you do a run after a hard bike (I should have done more of these).
    - Stay focused on your own race and enjoy it :)

    You are going to love it.

    (Also, I love the Rocky-style cow posturing!!)

    ReplyDelete